This Queen Anne style structure was erected in 1899 by Scottish-born James Livingston. He gave the house to his daughter, Louise Livingston McColl. During the late nineteenth century, Livingston and his son-in-law James McColl produced linseed oil and twine in their flax mills in Michigan and Canada. At the time this house was built, McColl was also village president. The elaborate wood-frame house remained in the McColl family until 1980.
Get Email Updates