the old Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Station in St Louis Michigan which is now the home for the St. Louis Area Historical Society, you can also see some old photos and more info about the station HERE
Located in Ann Arbor and built in 1886, and conceived by Frederick Spier, the design of this granite block building was influenced by the great American architect Henry Hobson Richardson. The massive two-foot thick walls are balanced by simple precise detailing. Carefully preserved, this depot is a symbol of the elegance and vitality of nineteenth century rail transportation.
Constructed in 1902, this castle-like building with its square tower was the Lansing station for the Grand Trunk Western Railroad until 1971. For decades passengers streamed through its doors. Here servicemen left and returned from military duty. Children and adults alike associated this depot with the excitement of travel and vacations. This city’s joys and sorrows were reflected in this rail station; greetings and good-byes were the most vital ingredients. But gradually rail travel ebbed. Renovated as a restaurant in 1972, the building’s exterior remains unchanged. Gerald R. Ford from Michigan, the thirty-eighth president of the United States, dined here during a “whistle-stop” campaign tour on May 15, 1976.